Sunday, October 11, 2009

Wake up Sid

I liked! I’ll give it 3 stars. Nice acting by all – Ranvir Kapoor, Konkana (As it was expected), Anupam kher and all. Rahul Khanna looks handsome!
It was a very simple story. Anyone can guess what it is with the name of the movie and with even one trailer. The direction by Karan Johar made it good. I’ll call it a light-weight movie. Yes, there were some things unreal. But that doesn’t mess up the theme of the movie.
Konkana is shown as an ambitious girl. Initially, she looked inspiring. At the end, it was ok. Actually everything in the movie is not shown to the high extent. There could have been more. But you will not get bored at all.
It was colorful movie. (Color of cloths etc)
It had some positivity. I really can’t tell what, but I liked the movie in spite of observing something less in it.

I wonder why ultimately every bollywood movie should end with the love of hero and heroine. Can’t they make some movie without this relation? They were so good friends that there was no need at all to make them a couple. It’s like the dialogue from Hum-Tum – “Ek ladka aur ek ladki kabhi dost nahi ho sakte. Kyunki ye pyar hamesha beech me aa jata hai!” What rubbish! All bollywood people have a great belief in this dialogue.

Anyway, I enjoyed the movie. :)

I know that I have put all bad comments about the movie and still I’m saying I enjoyed it.

Ok, so to talk about small things about movie which made me enjoy it -
- The scene of results. It reminded me of my college days. And many times in my group my situation was like that of Sid. I never failed though. But my marks were never good. So it always ended with the mood same as Sid makes in the movie.
- The magazine “Mumbai Beat”. The office and its environment shown give some artistic, classical view.
- “Anda banana” thing of the movie. When Sid leaves his home and starts living with Konkana, he comes to know that he can’t do anything. And he learns to cook omlette. That time konkana gives such expressions, I remembered of my initial days in Amdocs. There I had realized that I don’t know anything. And I used to become happy with even a small thing I could do properly. How foolish I was! People around me were doing enormously appreciable things and I would become happy with even with an awareness of some simple UNIX stuff. “What a big deal ke tumne anda banaya? ” Konkana did it very nice.
- The way Konkana decorates her own house - It was amazing to see that.
- Konkana wants to do everything independently, on her own. It’s a nice feeling sometimes.
- The scene where they bedraggle each other. I liked that mischief.

And what else? There were so many things. I’d recommend anyone to see that movie.

No comments: