Saturday, October 17, 2009

Diwali..

And , the festive mood gets set here! I just came attending a Marathi musical program. It was not just a program. It was Diwali Pahat. Some good singers come to sing songs; the songs which set the holy atmosphere around us, the songs which charge you, the songs which drag you in a different era, different culture, Indian culture and especially Marathi Culture.(Please, don’t call me Raj Thakrey’s follower. I love Marathi but I don’t hate other languages and their culture.) Really nice! I’m glad that I understand Marathi very well so that I can enjoy these songs. I always ask my mother why she didn’t put me in English medium, because I take more time in understanding this language than those people who learned in English medium. But when I go to such programs, I feel good. I can also enjoy Marathi music, culture as I understand it.

So now I’m set in a festive mood. Though late, I got the excitement of festival back. :)

I drew Rangoli yesterday. For the first time I drew main Rangoli in front of my house. My sister is so perfect in such things that she never allowed messing up the festival mood with my terrible Rangoli. And I also never took interest in it. But this time, as she is in US, I took the chance. And I just wanted to give a try. And I started. But then I don’t know how I went doing on and I finished my Rangoli after my childish efforts of 3 hours. Anybody liked it or not, I liked it.
About bursting crackers, I burst few. But this was the last year of crackers for me. Next time, I’ll burst few which don’t make noise. This time I was badly suffered and tired of the continuous noise of crackers.
So this is how my Diwali went. About buying new dresses, my mother did it for me; as usual. ;) I went to buy just new sandals. Today I’ll go to my relatives' place. This is the thing with which Diwali gets over every year and yes, this time also would be the same.

Short and Sweet; Diwali got over too soon!

No comments: