Sunday, September 20, 2009

My First Project Event in Amdocs

After so long, this was my first project event in Amdocs. Venue was Kent Club of Kolhapur. Again a resort! So it was usual picnic. But it gave me a nice change which I really needed because of 2 weeks of continuous work and my continuous stay in Pune. (I know 2 weeks is not a big deal. But for me, it was; because of sudden change in the nature of work, in the schedule and of course in the responsibilities which I never had got.)

Anyway,
We left on Friday in the morning. The journey – the start of the picnic, was full of fun. Everyone got energized with song singing and teasing people around. On the way, we took our first halt at Prati-Balaji at Narayanpur. The temple was very tidy. Flowers brought by visitors are not allowed inside. This rule has kept the temple very clean. Starting the journey with temple made us feel of peace. It was nice to spend some more time with God than just saying “Hi” as we do everyday. ;)

We left from there in few minutes. Then eating lot of food on the way and playing dumb charades, journey ended at 1.30. As soon as we reached the club, we all kept our bags in the hall and few boys from us started playing volleyball. I never had played it. So I also joined them just for fun. I enjoyed it though everyone was teasing me for not knowing how to play, but at the end they all had started to give me practice. Good for me! :)

We played for a while and then went for lunch. There were kept some children’s toys and a bicycle – the one which has to be ridden keeping one leg on it and the other on the ground and giving jerks by the leg which is on the ground. I rode it there until the guy came to stop me because it was only for kids. Still maja aa gaya! ;)

Then we got our rooms and we took a nap there and got ready for Snow World – our next event. They had prepared a snow inside a large room and had maintained the temperature at -12 degree Celsius. We wore all protecting jackets, gum boots and entered inside. It was same as I had expected. We had a lot of fun there. We threw snow on each other, played on ladder. It was of extreme fun. There was no manager, no employee, no professional. We all were kids. :)

After that was the Horror World. I didn’t like it much as it didn’t scare me.

Then we went to roam around. The weather was fine. We took some snaps. When we came back to the resort, the others who hadn’t come with us were chatting. We also joined them. And as we reached there they started the ragging for new comers. As they hadn’t got to rag me last year, they started it with me. It was of fun again.

Then we played musical chair.

Every moment was of fun. I enjoyed the whole day completely. And as I look, behave like a kid, it added more fun in some or other way. The day ended after dinner. We had planned to dance, but due to lack of good music the plan got cancelled. So we did some chats and then went to sleep.

Next day in the morning, few people went for trekking. I didn’t even realize when someone tried to wake me up. :D

We went to play water rides. This day was of wounds for me. I just missed a serious injury. ;) But the ride which hurt me the most, gave the biggest pleasure. So again fun! Weren’t these 2 days purposed to give me all the fun I needed? :)

No comments: