Thursday, June 14, 2012

My Slow Wit

http://rajasen.com/ 

Few days back, I came to know about the above link though a blog. And I tried to check what is so great about it. It was a review of Rockstar. I had liked Rockstar a lot and because it was the movie criticized by most of the people, I did want to read its reviews wherever I could. And I tried reading what this man had written. I was so frustrated/irritated. Not by the content of it. But by his style of writing. For me, his writing is one of the most difficult writings I had ever tried to read. And it's not only language which is difficult; it's his style of writing too. Sometimes he is sarcastic. If you are not getting the meaning words, then it is very difficult to understand the sarcasm. Then sometimes this guy is very fearless and hence so direct in condemning anyone/anything that I can't believe if he really meant that. And I get confused. This increases my frustration again. The content looks very interesting but I'm not able to understand it. I hate myself at such times. Then I start hating this man for making me hate myself. I know I'm becoming too aggressive. But the positive side is, I do want to understand this complexity. I don't want to miss it. And because of this strong desire and my tries, now I've started understanding most of what he writes. And I'm very happy about it. I will recommend it to everyone specially who like to read/write the reviews on movies and books.

And now I liked his review on Shanghai too. Do read it - http://rajasen.com/2012/06/08/review-dibakar-banerjees-shanghai/ 

No comments: