Tuesday, December 28, 2010

My small vacation

And.. there my (small) vacation ends..
This was one of the best vacations I have had. I did most of everything I had planned before vacation starts.

1st Day -
I had decided to buy a two-wheeler a month ago(Or even more..). And till friday morning there was nothing done besides the settling on a model to buy. I had decided to buy Pleasure. Accordingly I called in a Hero Honda showroom - the showroom that I had decided based on experience of people in my team. I went to see the model and to enquire about it. I had almost put the stamp on it that day, I could have booked the bike the same day, but my middle class mentality :D didn't allow me do that. I spent almost 4 hours in reaching there (thanks to Pune transport and more than that to my awareness of PMT buses and of Pune's geography.) and in enquiring. I knew that even next day if I had found any negative point about Pleasure, I wouldn't have changed my decision. Still, I didn't book it. :)

2nd Day-
With my room-mate who drives her Activa everyday, I went to showroom again. Again I hadn't gained much about the best PMT route for the same place. We went, booked the bike and while coming back we came to know that we had taken longer route and had wasted more than 45 min in the morning. We came back home and then I left for Mumbai, to be specific Navi Mumbai. (Some people want me to make it specific whenever I use the term Mumbai/Bombay. :P)

During the above 2 days I also had done the reading that I had decided to do. I could achieve not wasting even 5 minutes.

3rd Day -
Some guests were going to visit our place. So I had to help my mother. I did that, I also admitted myself in a driving school. Training started the same day. I decided to do only 4.5 hours of 10 hour course of 20 days in 3 days. Reasons? First, I don't have 20 continuous days . Second I might have got bored of such a slow training. 3rd day went in guests, training plus my reading. I had a nice sleep in the night.

4th Day -
Woke up early for training, rode bike for 2 hours. I did well as I know cycling quite well. This made my day. :)
I continued reading.
Next my mother told me about Marathi Literary Conference which was held in Thane. I couldn't say no to books and we went. We bought books like a mad there and brought them home. Wow! What a day it was!
I continued reading and in the night I was like completely burnt out. I love when I'm so.

5th day -
I went to get my Learning License with the people from driving school. Came back home and continued reading. Today I also read one of the books that I bought yesterday - "Vaachnaryachi Rojnishi" by Satish Kalsekar. That means - "Diary of a Reader". It's an interesting and an inspiring book. How crazy people can be for books! This book is about books and anything that is related to books. Whoever likes books, will love reading it.

No comments: