Saturday, December 4, 2010

I can't believe he mentioned about Shivsena in Shantaram too. Shivsena is an inseparable part of Bombay. If you talk about Bombay and they didn't come into picture, it has never happened. But that is not a good sign for all Marathi people. In fact, if you ask me, I'd call it bad. For Marathi people that might not make much difference. But non-Marathi do have bad impression of it. Now I know why some of the non-marathi people, when came to know that I'm a Marathi and especially a Marathi from Bombay/Mumbai, changed their way of looking at me. Talking about Marathi is like supporting these guys. And that's why even if I like something about Marathi, I avoid expressing it in front of others. I feel more comfortable when I praise Urdu Shayaris than when I praise a poem by Sandip Khare or some Charoli by Chandrashekhar Gokhale. :(

No comments: