Friday, January 13, 2012

Diary of a Wimpy Kid

Finally after almost an year, I held some book and completed reading it. Even if it is not a huge book, I'm happy. "Diary of a Wimpy Kid". I remember when I bought it - only 3-4 days before my sister's wedding. I had gone to buy golden sandals (:-|) which had taken a long long time.. Shopping is actually a lengthy business especially when you are looking for perfection. My sister's wedding made me do all that I had never done before. And the most significant example is shopping clothes and accessories. Fed up of buying this boring stuff and without thinking of the huge list of other pending tasks, I literally ran into Crossword and bought this book.

By the name, definitely it's a book for kids. But I enjoyed reading it. Sometimes I feel kids' books/movies are way mature than adults'. The imagination that kids show is highly fascinating! And Jeff Kenny has done nice job to express such imagination; through words and through cartoons. Some pages remind us of our childhood. How seriously we'd take our mistakes! As if we have become criminal now and are going to be sentenced. How creative we'd become sometimes! We'd even plan to start our own business, join NGOs, help people, improve the surrounding and to do all such bumper activities. Looking back, it looks so kiddish! But is it? :)

I'll recommend this book to everyone who hasn't spent childhood in books.

No comments: